From Oracle FAQ
|Years before||Years after|
 January 2005
- Oracle acquires PeopleSoft - Enterprise applications (competitor to E-Business Suite).
- Oracle announces that it will reduce its combined workforce to 50,000, a reduction of approximately 5,000 following the PeopleSoft take over and that 90% of PeopleSoft product development and product support staff will be retained.
 February 2005
- 15-17 February 2005 ODTUG Desktop 2005 (virtual conference)
 March 2005
- 6-10 March 2005 Hotsos Symposium on Oracle System Performance (Dallas, Texas, USA)
- Oracle acquires Oblix - Identity management solutions. Also see Web Services Manager.
- Oracle extends its Middle East operations by opening a regional office in Amman, Jordan
 April 2005
- Oracle acquires Retek - retail solution, including back-office functionality for finance and human resources and extends to planning, merchandising, supply chain, and retail channels
 May 2005
- 1-5 May 2005 IOUG LIVE 2005 (Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin Hotel, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA)
 June 2005
- 13-16 June 2005 OAUG Connection Point 2005 (Grapevine, Texas, USA)
- 18-22 June 2008 ODTUG NOW Conference (Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, LA, USA)
- Oracle acquires TripleHop - context-sensitive enterprise search products and technology.
- Oracle acquires TimesTen - real-time in-memory database. See TimesTen.
 July 2005
- Oracle 10g Release 2 released
- Oracle acquires ProfitLogic - retail industry's most comprehensive software solution, helping create tightly integrated, customer- insight-driven retail enterprises
- Oracle acquires Context Media - enterprise content integration (ECI) software
 August 2005
- Oracle acquires i-flex - banking industry
 September 2005
- 18-22 September 2005 Oracle OpenWorld Conference (Moscone Center, San Francisco, USA)
- Oracle acquires G-Log - Logistics Hub solution for global supply chain and logistics management
 October 2005
- 10-12 October 2005 South African Oracle User Group's "Mind The Gap" Conference (Emperors Palace Convention Centre, South Africa)
- Oracle acquires Innobase - transactional open source database management system called InnoDB
 November 2005
- Oracle acquires Thor Technologies - enterprise-wide user provisioning solution
- Oracle acquires OctetString - virtual directory, identity and access management offerings
 December 2005
- Oracle acquires TempoSoft - managing time and labour, absences, and scheduling to meet a forecasted workload demand