From Oracle FAQ
|Years before||Years after|
- 16 January 2007 Oracle's January Critical Patch Update released.
- 31 January 2007 E-Business Suite version 12 released.
- 28 February - 1 March 2007 OPP2007: The Oracle Programming Conference (Marriott San Mateo, San Francisco Airport, USA)
- 4-8 March 2007 Hotsos Symposium on Oracle System Performance (Dallas, Texas, USA)
- 22 March 2007 Oracle files a court case against SAP AG for malpractice and unfair competition
- Oracle acquires Hyperion (enterprise performance management)
- Oracle acquires Tangosol (extreme transaction processing)
- Oracle donated TopLink's Java Persistence Technology to Eclipse
- 16-19 April 2007 COLLABORATE 07: Technology and Applications Forum for the Oracle Community (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
- 17 April 2007 Oracle's April Critical Patch Update released. More info here.
- Oracle acquires AppForge (mobile applications)
- Oracle acquires LODESTAR (utilities applications, meter data management and energy operation solutions)
- 3-4 May 2007 EMEA Oracle User Conference 2007 Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Oracle acquires Agile (Enterprise Product Life Cycle Management Software)
- 7 June 2007 Oracle release version 1.2 of their free SQL Developer graphical tool for database development. If you have release 1.1 or above installed, you can use Help > Check for Updates to update your SQL Developer environment. Otherwise, download Oracle SQL Developer 1.2 from OTN.
- 16 June 2007 Oracle Corporation celebrated its 30th anniversary
- 18-21 June 2007 ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2007 (Hilton, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA)
- 31 July 2007 Oracle 9i Release 2 desupported. Customers on Oracle 188.8.131.52 qualify for free extended support until 31 July 2008
- 19 July 2007 Oracle's July Critical Patch Update (CPU) released. More info here.
- 11 July 2007 Oracle Corporation announced Oracle 11g in New York City.
- Oracle acquires Bridgestream, Inc. (Enterprise Role Management and role mining)
- 16 October 2007 Oracle's October Critical Patch Update (CPU) released. More info here.
- 23 October 2007 Oracle 11g released for Windows 32-bit.
- 24-25 October 2007 South African Oracle Open Day (Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa) - http://www.oraclecustomernewsletter.co.za/events.htm
- 12 October 2007 Oracle announced that it had made a bid to buy BEA systems for a price of $17/share, an offer that was rejected by the BEA board who felt that the company was worth more than that.
- 11-15 November 2007 Oracle OpenWorld Conference (Moscone Center, San Fransisco, USA)
- 12 November 2007 Oracle announces Oracle VM (to compete against VMWare)
- 12 November 2007 Oracle 11g released for most popular operating systems, including Solaris, HP-UX and AIX
- Oracle buys Interlace Systems for their Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) software
- The VMS operating system is 30 years old
- 3-6 December 2007 UKOUG2007 Conference & Exhibition (The ICC, Birmingham, UK) - http://www.ukoug.org/calendar
- 31 December 2007 Extended Assistance support for Forms 6i ends