Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), also commonly known as Oracle Applications, is a suite of business applications made up of a large number of distinct software modules. Some of the modules are: Oracle Financials, Oracle CRM, Oracle Supply Chain Application,Oracle Logistics , Oracle Order Management and Human Resources (HRMS).
E-Business Suite has its origins in the financial software written by Oracle UK in the late 1980s.
The technical application structure is approximately as follows:
- Database layer - containing the database (stand-alone or RAC).
- Application server layer - containing the application server.
- Development tools layer - containing the run-times for Forms and Reports used by the application.
- Application layer - containing the business application modules.
The versions of the above software components are frequently older than the current releases of the standalone products. However, the latest release, E-Business Suite R12, uses the most recent versions of the Oracle Application Server, Forms and Reports.
 Also see
- Oracle Applications FAQ - Frequently asked questions