Oracle 11gR2 is the second and terminal release of the Oracle 11g database. The common theme for this release is "Consolidate. Compress. Control.".
 History and Support Status
Oracle 11gR2 (for Linux 32-bit and 64-bit) was released on 1 September 2009.
The first patch-set, Oracle 126.96.36.199 was released in September 2010. A new Oracle home instead of in-place patching is now preferred. Premier Support Ends: 31-Jan-2015 Extended Support Ends: 31-Jan-2018
The terminal patch set for 11gR2 is unknown; the latest patchset is Oracle 188.8.131.52.
 New options
- Oracle RAC One Node, solution for consolidating less mission critical databases on the grid with most of the redundancy and availability provided by RAC. An Omotion utility is provided to migrate One Node instances to other nodes in the cluster without any downtime to the application.
 New features
Some of the new features include:
- Improved data compression ratios (up to 20x).
- Ability to upgrade database applications while users remain online.
- New ease-of-use features that make Grid computing more accessible.
- Automation of key systems management activities.
|Oracle 1 | Oracle 2 | Oracle 3 | Oracle 4 | Oracle 5 | Oracle 6 | Oracle 7 | Oracle 8 | Oracle 8i | Oracle 9i | Oracle 10g | Oracle 11gR1 | Oracle 11gR2 | Oracle 12c|