RE: query hanged in parsing

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:05:08 -0400

For this one precise release and patch information will be at least useful (if not essential).

There have been several bugs serially killed where the plans generated for different parallel children didn’t match up. There was a failure mode where it just kept trying to come up with a matched plan until it timed out (which could be very long).

Running with parallel forced to a single node may avoid some of those that were rooted in different node/instance specific plan differences.

I thought that the last vampire version of this bug had been staked in the heart circa 2018, but I could be wrong.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Laurentiu Oprea Sent: Friday, March 15, 2024 11:58 AM
To: ORACLE-L (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: query hanged in parsing

Dear all,

Maybe you can give me an idea, I have a query running in parallel hanging in parsing phase for very long time, I did a flamegraph and seems like stack is looking like this (qesmaUpdatePlanSig is in top of flamegraph)

qkaComputePlanSignature

qkaTraverseQknDescendents

qknApplyCallback

qkaPlanSignatureCB

qesmaUpdatePlanSig

Any ideas what could be the reason for this??

Appreciate your help.