Oracle Product Set
Oracle Corporation provides the following products:
- 1 Oracle Database Server
- 1.1 Oracle Enterprise Edition
- 1.2 Oracle Standard Edition
- 1.3 Oracle Standard Edition One
- 1.4 Oracle Personal Edition
- 1.5 Oracle Express Edition
- 2 Oracle Enterprise Manager
- 3 Oracle Internet Application Server
- 4 Oracle Developer Suite
- 5 Oracle Collaboration Suite
- 6 E-Business Suite (Oracle Applications)
- 7 External links
Oracle Database Server
The Oracle database server is available in the following editions:
Oracle Enterprise Edition
Oracle's top-end database server product.
The following optional database options can be purchased separately. These options are only available with the Enterprise Edition:
The partitioning option allows DBAs to split large tables into more manageable sub-tables (partitions). Some of the advantages offered:
- Partitions can be stored in different tablespaces;
- Partitions can be added/ removed while users are working;
- Data can be selected from targeted partitioned without having to scan all partitions for rows (partition pruning).
The Spatial option store geographical information (GPS coordinates for instance) with records.
Real Application Clusters Option
Real Application Clusters (RAC) - formerly called Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) - allows more than one instance to mount and open an Oracle database. RAC can only be used on special clustered systems.
Advanced Security Option
Oracle Advanced Security (formerly Advanced Networking Option) provides a suite of security features to protect a company's network by providing network encryption, authentication solutions, single sign-on services, and support for other security protocols.
Oracle Label Security
Row level security based on stringent government and commercial requirements; sensitivity labels (i.e. confidential, doctor-patient only, top secret) provide better intellectual property protection and privacy.
Oracle OLAP offers a complete set of analytical functions fully integrated within the database.
Oracle Data Mining
Oracle Data Mining offers embedded data mining for classifications, predictions, and associations to build advanced business intelligence applications.
A new option to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Enterprise Edition that lets you control who, when, and where data and applications can be accessed, protecting against the most common security threat like malicious internal users.
Oracle Standard Edition
Four-processor version of Oracle Database 10g, including full clustering support (Real Application Clusters).
Oracle Standard Edition One
Two-processor version of Standard Edition at an attractive entry-level price. Real Application Clusters is NOT included with Oracle Database Standard Edition One.
Oracle Personal Edition
Full-featured version for individuals, compatible with the entire Oracle Database family (except Real Application Clusters).
Oracle Express Edition
Oracle XE is a free version of Oracle that is limited to 1 processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of data (for 10gR2) or 11 GB of data (11gR2). It is also limited to 1 database on a computer, since the database must be named XE which must be unique.
Oracle Enterprise Manager
The following Enterprise Manager management packs are available. These packs must be separately licensed:
Oracle Configuration Management Pack
Track hardware and software configuration for hosts and databases plus cloning for database instances and Oracle home to facilitate deployments. Implement Policies, including Security checks and scoring.
Oracle Change Management Pack
Evaluate, plan for, and implement database schema changes to support new application requirements; eliminate errors/data loss when making changes; minimize downtime.
Oracle Diagnostics Pack
Ensure high availability of mission-critical business systems by reducing the number of complex performance tasks.
Oracle Tuning Pack (requires Diagnostics Pack)
Dynamic tuning recommendations for more-efficient resource utilization, higher transaction throughput, faster query performance; avoid costly hardware, memory, and disk upgrades.
Oracle Internet Application Server
- Metadata Repository
- Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
- Management Server
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Delegated Administration Services (DAS)
Middle Tier Components:
- OC4J and Webcache
- Portal and Wireless
- Business Intelligence and Forms (including Forms Server and Reports Server)
Oracle Developer Suite
The Oracle Developer Suite consists of the following products:
- Forms Developer
- Reports Developer
- SCM (Software Configuration Manager)
- Discoverer Administrator
- Warehouse Builder
- Clickstream Intelligence Builder
- Business Intelligence Beans
Oracle Collaboration Suite
- Oracle Mail
- Oracle Calendar
- Oracle Voicemail & Fax
- Oracle Mobile Access
- Oracle Discussions
- Oracle Web Conferencing
- Oracle Messenger
- Oracle Workspaces (managing team and project collaboration)
- Oracle Content Services (content management system)
E-Business Suite (Oracle Applications)
Oracle Applications like Financials, HR, GL, CRM, etc:
- Oracle Financials - run by the accounting department
- Human Resources (HR) - run by the human resources department
- Manufacturing - helps to figure out what materials are needed to input to get a certain amount of product.