Re: ? oracle7 listener fails to start

From: David Stark <stark_at_greenwich.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

In article <4cva1m$bac_at_tsunami.traveller.com> Robert Pollard <rpollard_at_Traveller.COM> writes:
>I don't know if you have your answer yet but I have a problem similar to
>yours in Solaris when I try to start lsnrctl. For some reason, and I
>haven't researched it yet, it takes 2 to 3 times of attempting the
>startup before it will finally launch. I use the command with the start
>argument from the os prompt. I hope this helps. As soon as I figure
>out why it does not startup immediately I will post this information.

 I had a similar problem and Oracles solution was to remove the  "o" (letter o) or oracle directory from beneath /var/tmp. It has to do  with socket files from previous listener startup being present in this  directory.

 Hope this helps.

David Stark           stark_at_greenwich.com      (203)625-5066
Greenwich Associates  8 Greenwich Office Park  Greenwich CT  06831-5195