Dblink Insert too slow HELP!!!

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:45:56 -0500

I am using an 8.1.7 database as a gateway to do inserts from a 7.3.4 database to a 9.2 database. The reads are fast enough but inserts take forever. Updates that should run in minutes are taking hours. We have tried dropping the indexes but it makes no difference. Both applications are purchased vendor code and cannot be modified. So I need to find a solution for the slow inserts.

Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, = distribution or copying of the message is prohibited. Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received = this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message. Thank you.