RE: Dblink Insert too slow HELP!!!

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:07:15 -0400

I'm not clear which piece(s) are unmodifiable vendor code. Is it that you have a vendor application that only runs on v7 and another vendor application that you've got on v9 and you just generically need data from the v7 database in the v9 database? Excuse the rest if I've got that wrong. I'm having trouble imagining that someone wrote an application striding requiring part on v7 and part on v9 so I'm trying to make up a scenario I grok.

If I've got that right, then what is the bit on 8.1.7? Again, I'm guessing that rather than database, you mean software linked against 8.1.7 libraries so that it is able to talk to both 7.x and 9.x.

>From what you wrote, it seems that this is a one-way pipe and that the
select part is fine. So, why not just produce a file suitable for loader or external access and deposit the file local to the 9.x database?

If I'm way off target on my guesses, please elaborate a bit more on your situation.

Regards,

mwf