RE: Help - Oracle Reports 9ias Rel 2 is hanging

From: Singer, Phillip (P.W.) <psinger1_at_ford.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:52:21 -0400

Are you _sure_ it is the Oracle Report engine which is hanging? I have = not (yet!) seen Oracle Reports hang, but I have seen processes on some = of the other servers hang, which (to the person requesting a report) = _looks_ like it is Oracle Reports.

As a CWAG, there are several different initialization and authentication = files which have to be present and set up just right, and if your batch = script is written wrong, it could be perpetually retrying an open for a = configuation file which will never be there. Sorry I don't remember = the names (or usual locations) of these files; I got them set up = correctly 6 months ago and promptly forgot all the details.