Re: sdd_elements no longer available in CASE6i. Plz help a student.

From: Howard Gluckman <howard_gluckman_at_excite.nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:49:03 GMT

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:27:46 -0600, "Melvin Tan" <mtan_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Well, my boss is not going to be too happy about this when he gets back b/c
>he just spent a lot of time building these reports on CASE6 and now he wants
>it all converted to 6i and so far, only 1/2 of them can be done b/c they
>used the CI views instead of the sdd_elements.
>
>Lucky for me, I'm only a student and he told me to give it a try. By the
>way, many of these views have the columns IRID and IVID and I don't see
>their relationship. I can't find any info about these attributes in the 6i
>repository API and documentation. What do these attributes represent?
>
>Cheers, Melvin.

IRID and IVID are the new identifiers for 6i elements. If you are working in the context of a workarea (this should be the usual case), you can use IRID (each CI view still has an ID column = IRID). If you are in a versioned repository, IVID is the id of the versioned object. This should only be an issue if you are not working in the context of a workarea.

You might want to review some of the config mgmt documentation, which discusses IRID and IVID. Also, look on the ODTUG web site ( http://www.odtug.com), for some of the papers from last year's conference, and soon(?) the papers from this year's conference.

Howard