Re: How to send pdf as attachment with email in oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 12:14:40 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:19:49 +0100, jeremy wrote:

> In article <qcrq77$e8o$1 _at_solani.org>, gogala.mladen@gmail.com says...

>> Also, there is another question: why do you need to send emails with
>> attachments from the database?
>>

> Hi Mladen, why this question of yours? Suppose you generate a rental
> contract into PDF within Oracle and wish to send it to the customer -
> there are thousands of scenarios where you want to store a document
> (whether PDF or any form) in Oracle and deliver it to someone via email.
>
> Sorry about the 36 char line length - no idea what's up with my usenet
> client :)

Sending emails is, at least in my opinion, a job for the application, not the database. Database is a data store: place where you store the data. It can control data consistency, return data to an application in ever which way, but sending the data out is, IMHO, an application job.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant