Re: How to send pdf as attachment with email in oracle

From: <john_at_mail.groenveld.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 16:40:27 GMT

[Quoted] In article <qcrq77$e8o$1_at_solani.org>, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>Jared Still and Andy Duncan. Be aware that the administrators of
>the most production databases will prevent you from embedding Perl
>or Python into Oracle database and will bitterly fight any attempt
>to do so, with good arguments. Allowing Perl or Python scripts in
>the database opens a whole can of security worms. I have been an
>Oracle DBA for around a quarter of a century and despite my fondness
>for Perl, I have never allowed it to be used from the database. The
>problem is that Perl allows too much and can trivially be used to
>compromise database security.

Just poll the database for new PDFs to spew out over email to assuage the risk-averse DBAs.

[Quoted] Keep the interprocess asynchronous option in your back pocket for when Larry buys your option pack.

ISTR that's how Oracle's text search option came to be. John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Sat Jun 01 2019 - 18:40:27 CEST

Original text of this message