Re: So who is going to Open World 2010?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 17, 10:41 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:36:19 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> >> I'm not going either.  I'm still lurking around this newsgroup though.
>
> > Not going.
>
> Same here. If Oracle Corp. wants to sell me something, let them come to
> me. I have no intention of attending a sales pitch.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

In the past, I've found there is enough actual information around to avoid sales pitches for the most part. I also personally like the big Larry events, just to revel in the fluff, which often has different meaning than intended to those of us with cynical viewpoints. Getting to meet people is well worth it, too, especially when you can get some juicy gossip with Oracle paying for beer. Sometimes the music is good, too.

I'd go if my employer paid me, though I'd perhaps rather go to other things if they did. I'd only push them if I thought there was something that would help us both. I wish they were that mainstream or bleeding edge, but at this point it would only be for my own edification.

I'd still recommend it for young'uns.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.