Re: 10g RAC with Veritas Cluster

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 15:16:22 -0800

linda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to implement 10g RAC for one of the internal
> applications. Since we use Veritas volumne manager and Cluster, and
10g
> provides its own clustering software (hence not compatible with
Veritas
> Cluster), we are in a dilema as to which way to go. If totally get
rid
> of Veritas, then we need to use Oracle's disk management software as
> well.
>
> Anybody experience the same issue as we have? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Linda

Linda:

If you want to save costs you do not need Veritas clustering at all, you can use 10g RAC with ASM for example.

Vertias clustering however provides Cluster File System which can make life easier.

If your application writes to some database file for example using UTL_FILE package, you need some file system which can be shared across different nodes, 10G ASM does not provide that capability as for as I know.

Our company has tested both Veritas Clustering and 10G ASM and they both work fine.

Prem Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 17:16:22 CST