Re: 10g RAC with Veritas Cluster

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:52:11 -0800

linda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are looking to implement 10g RAC for one of the internal
> applications. Since we use Veritas volumne manager and Cluster, and 10g
> provides its own clustering software (hence not compatible with Veritas
> Cluster), we are in a dilema as to which way to go. If totally get rid
> of Veritas, then we need to use Oracle's disk management software as
> well.
>
> Anybody experience the same issue as we have? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Linda

TTBOMK you have made an incorrect assumption. Oracle 10g is perfectly compatible with Veritas. Though why you would want to pay a license fee to Veritas for what you get included with Oracle is another matter but one that is financial rather than technical.

Unless you have some masochistic desire to deal with two vendors engaged in a finger-pointing exercise use OCFS.

But you certainly can continue to use Veritas if you wish.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington