Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 03:56:59 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<41807f7b$0$32574$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> I wouldn't expect the temp agencies in Australia to take especial care over
> who they send for interview to companies here, either.

That's not how they work in Australia, Howard. Here is what they do:

1- they get hold of the resume of a very experienced and well known professional.

2- they send this professional's resume to a site they want to capture, at greatly inflated rates, which they know perfectly well will never be accepted by the prospective client. However, the client will now be "baited" by the quality of the people proposed by this company, far exceeding the usual crap they see. So they ask if there is no one better priced.

3- so the temp agency now talks to the prospective client and offers to get them some help, like this: "obviously not of the same class, but we got this resume for another guy, much better rates, who just happened to come off a project with the knowledgeable person".

4- Prospective client swallows the bait, hook and sinker. Knowledgeable person gets a call about "how hard it is to place people with their experience. But there is another job coming up and we'll try again".

This is the point where recursion occurs.

DAMHIKT. Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 05:56:59 CDT