Re: Need Statspack help

From: PaulW <paul_widner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 16:39:42 -0700

> Take a look at the top 5 or so SQL statements in the statspack report
> and run them through explain plan and/or sql trace... this will give
> you the biggest return for you time rather than spending weeks
> diagnosing an underlying I/O problem.

I really can't tune the queries because 1) The queries come from a product 2) And those that don't are of an adhoc nature. And the ones of an adhoc nature are needed for business use. I have been doing what I can to index columns most often used in the adhocs thou. Seeing I can't tune the queries much I think the only options I have are to tune the DB and the hardware and OS as much as possible.

> Are your users complaining about performance...?
>
> Matt

Oh yes very much so!! Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 18:39:42 CDT