Re: Need Statspack help

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2004 05:07:42 -0700

> I really can't tune the queries because 1) The queries come from a
> product 2) And those that don't are of an adhoc nature. And the ones
> of an adhoc nature are needed for business use. I have been doing
> what I can to index columns most often used in the adhocs thou.
> Seeing I can't tune the queries much I think the only options I have
> are to tune the DB and the hardware and OS as much as possible.

Just because the queries are generated from a packaged application doesn't mean you can't tune the SQL...

There may be some 'missing' indexes on certain tables...

If you really can't improve the SQL then you are most likely going to benefit from a CPU upgrade (i.e. faster CPU's or more CPUs)

This is because your CPU time is much higher than your wait times combined.

This will of course depend on more detailed anaysis.

Matt Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 07:07:42 CDT