Re: Need Statspack help

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 03:02:53 -0700

"Paul Widner" <paul_widner_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8Uvdd.4$v02.25075_at_news.uswest.net>...
> "How big is your Buffer cache..? (SQL> show sga)"
>
> 1,008M
>
> " What is the value of "CPU used by this session" further down the
> Statspack report..?"
>
> Statistic Total per Second per Trans
> CPU used by this session 7,890 5.3 5.3

Everyone seems to be discussing I/O bottlenecks on your database, but it seems to me that your CPU value is much higher than the sum of all your waits...

So I would concentrate on the top few SQL statements in your statspack report listed under "SQL ordered by Gets".

Your 'non-parse CPU %' is very high which means that the vast majority of your CPU usage is for genuine query processing (or PLSQL).

Take a look at the top 5 or so SQL statements in the statspack report and run them through explain plan and/or sql trace... this will give you the biggest return for you time rather than spending weeks diagnosing an underlying I/O problem.

Are your users complaining about performance...?

Matt Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 05:02:53 CDT