Re: How to trace this error?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:57:23 +1100

OK, well looks like you'll have to turn tracing on then to see what's going on.

You didn't mention a version (I wish people would!), but check out this link:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10500_01/network.920/a96580/trouble s.htm#452480

(Watch for wrapping).

Although that's 9i specific, I can't think that anything's changed very much since 8i.

Tracing is enabled by editing sqlnet.ora, because your problem is clearly not related to the Listener (so modifying listener.ora is not called for) and you don't mention (but I doubt) whether you're using names server or connection manager.

You'll need to set the trace directory (although there is a default) and switch on tracing at an appropriate level until something useful pops up. I suggest you go for the 'admin' level.

Regards