Re: ASM and VMWARE

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 13:23:16 +0200

Hi

I am not sure if there are performance gain have 1 large LUN o smaller 4 LUN in modern SAN where a LUN expands in many physical disks but I have customers who asks the same question in non-vmware infrastructure and my argument is if you use a large LUN you need to expand the space using that LUN size so you are gonna waste space but if you use smaller LUN the expand with smaller LUN Size which probably is more suitable for the database growth and the discussion ends there.

Thank you