Licensing question

From: Herring Dave <"Herring>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:07:31 +0000

I know I'm going to get hammered on this one but I've got to ask as I'm stuck...

I need to find some way to associate line items on our Oracle invoice w/ the appropriate databases but am struggling w/ a number of them as I can't find a match, at least w/ whats reporting from dba_features_usage_statistics / options_packs_usage_statistics.sql. Specifically, the following are on our invoice w/ license qty but can't see a direct mapping to dbs:

Oracle Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Database Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition Oracle Database Lifecycle Management Pack Oracle Entitlements Server - Processor Perpetual Oracle Entitlements Server Security Module - Processor Perpetual Oracle GoldenGate Veridata
Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite Plus - Employee User Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite Plus - Non Employee User

Oracle Identity Manager Connector - Database User Management - Connector Perpetual
Oracle Identity Manager Connector - Microsoft Active Directory - Connector Perpetual
Oracle Identity Manager Connector - Sun Java System Directory - Connector Perpetual
Oracle Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate - Processor Perpetual

I've been assigned to do this because management wants to better breakdown the annual $6m license cost of Oracle (non-middleware) to various CTO+1 folks. Personally I haven't supported Oracle in 5+ yrs (moved to Snowflake and BigQuery) but I'm currently the most likely person to gather this info.

Thx in advance.

Regards,

Dave

Public