Cloud Control Agent Issue

From: Scott Canaan <"Scott>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:44:34 +0000

We recently patched the cloud control agent to 13.5 from 13.4. The sys admins won't allow Cloud Control root access to the server, so they package the agent and push it via Ansible. When they push the 13.5 agent, Cloud Control gets upset. It says the agent versions don't match. I can't find a way to update the agent version in Cloud Control. So far, the only thing that works is for me to decommission the agent in Cloud Control, then have the sys admin push the agent again. The newly pushed agent registers with Cloud Control and works.

Is there some way to tell Cloud Control that the agent version was updated?

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.