Re: Some weird phenomenons on oracle data guard physical standby on 11g?

From: Quanwen Zhao <quanwenzhao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 23:34:36 +0800

Hi Howard and Andy :-),

The Oracle Data Guard with Primary and Physical Standby are working well, physical standby database is real time apply redo from the primary as well as the redo log files and standby redo log files have the same size 512m whatever on primary and physical standby.

BTW it could not change CLEARING and CURRENT to UNUSED even if I clear and drop firstly and re-add it secondly but for a while it become CLEARING or CURRENT. Even if I don't understand why only switch between 2 number of standby redo log files although having 11 number of standby redo log files on physical standby database, and the 10 number of redo log files have been switched amongst them on primary database.

Best Regards
Quanwen Zhao

Andy Sayer <andysayer_at_gmail.com> 于2023年6月1日周四 22:01写道: