Create standby for oracle 9i database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 15:52:02 -0700

OS - Sun Solaris
Oracle: EE 9.2.0.5.0

We cannot upgrade this database due to the application it supports not working with higher versions of oracle. (yeah, I know, really stupid)

We want to create a standby database on a new server with much better hardware. I'm getting an error on the duplicate that I just haven't been able to figure out after a couple of days of searching. Everything I've read points to duplicate filenames, but I have run all the suggested queries and there are no duplicate filenames. We are using the same directory structure, so I didn't use db_file_name_convert or log_file_name_convert. I verified the "standby" can access the backups of the primary database.

I did manage to restore the controlfiles manually from the snap_cf file that I copied from the target server to the auxiliary server to see if that was where it was failing. Then when I tried to restore the database it throws the same error as running it from a script. The server is too slow for me to restore manually, my session would be killed long before it would finish.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide or point me to a useful document/website. Thank you,

Sandy

*Duplication Error*

[image: image.png]

*Duplicate Script*

sqlplus -S "/ as sysdba" << EOF >> $LOG_FILE shutdown immediate
startup nomount
EOF rman target sys/pwd_at_primary auxiliary sys/pwd_at_stdby_db << EOF >> $LOG_FILE run
{
 allocate auxiliary channel a1 type disk;  allocate auxiliary channel a2 type disk;  allocate auxiliary channel a3 type disk;  duplicate target database for standby nofilenamecheck dorecover;

 release channel a1;
 release channel a2;
 release channel a3;

}