How to restrict database to use specific diskgroup within a Grid configuration

From: Sourav Biswas <biswas.sourav_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:58:39 +0000

Hello Everyone,

Current environment:

OS: RHEL 7.9
Grid OS User: grid
Grid: 19.14
Oracle OS User: oracle
CDB: 19.14 We are running multiple CDBs with one PDB each, on a single Grid. As per our architecture, for every CDB, we have 3 sets of asm diskgroups(DATA_CDBn,REDO_CDBn,ARCH_CDBn) created.

For example,
CDB1 database will have DATA_CDB1, REDO_CDB1, ARCH_CDB1 diskgroups CDB2 database will have DATA_CDB2, REDO_CDB2, ARCH_CDB2 diskgroup

Since, at ASM level we can see all of the above 6 diskgroups, I would like to introduce some restrictions to every database to read and write to their dedicated diskgroups. I want to ensure that even the sysdba privilege user of a database cannot create datafile on diskgroups belonging to other database.

Please advise how to implement this restriction.

Regards,
Sourav Biswas