Reducing idle time in Apex

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:54:45 -0400

Hi guys,

I'm running an Apex app (5.0.3) on Oracle Database 12.1.0.2. (Yes, I know these are old versions.)

When running a specific report, I get a very slow response. If I do a right-click on the page, and click 'Inspect' and then click the performance tab, and reload, I see that almost all (over 30 seconds or a 33 second response time) is 'Idle' time.

What do I do with that? Can someone help me understand this? I assume this is from the client (i.e. web server) point-of-view?

I've been doing databases for many (many!) years, but I'm not an Apex or web developer type, and never have been. The last time I was a developer it was
all about C and Pro*C.

Can someone give this old dinosaur a clue here?

Thanks,

-Mark

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 15 2022 - 17:54:45 CET