Re: SQL Server To Oracle

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:31:14 +0000

After spending some time reading the LOB loading bit, I'm not sure that you can tell it to concatentate several rows to rebuild the lob. (It's happy to take the bits and call them one LOB, but that leaves with a LOB holding CR/LF every N characters.

Apart from the other suggestions you've had about ways that you can use SQL Server or Oracle to handle the problem, another possibility crossed my mind - could you declare an external table and include a preprocessor in the definition. If you can write a preprocessor that would take the fragments of LOB and concatenate them that might work.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis