Re: SQL Server To Oracle

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 11:38:56 -0600

Hey Scott,

Is a direct connection to Oracle a possibility? I've had success creating a Linked Server in SQL Server using ODAC (warning: reboot *required *after ODAC install) and then using SQL's OPENQUERY operator to push data from SQL to Oracle. I can't recall if that system had CLOBs or not, but I thought those were supported in ODAC 12.2.

My $.02,
Rich

p.s. If you try this, make sure the "Allow InProcess" option is checked on the Linked Server Provider options, and I believe I needed to check "Dynamic parameter" as well.