Re: Oracle database migrations (from AIX, Solaris, Windows) to Azure Cloud

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 13:52:26 -0700

Did I hear someone say Oracle to Azure?

Yes, I've done this for a number of customers, and Tim has a few, too.

For going big-endian to little-endian conversion in Azure, my favorite tool is Commvault. It has really come through in connecting from onprem to the Azure cloud, is able to do the conversions and then once converted, you can use their cloud sync or another product such as Golden Gate, Shareplex, etc. to keep the two environments synchronized until you are ready to flip the switch.

Please see the following link for information on the cross-platform conversion
<
https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=103273.htm> tool from Commvault.
Here's the datasheet for Shareplex.

I have a couple AIX and Solaris customers I've converted over and There's one that is using AVS to do the work, so there are multiple options to make the jump with little to no downtime.

*Kellyn Gorman*
DBAKevlar Blog <
http://dbakevlar.com>
about.me/dbakevlar