[Q] Online rebuild index danger or NOT???

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE 10gr2 on Redhat server. Our application vendor told me don't "online rebuild index". They suggest kick out all users then rebuild index.

I have been online rebuild index on several databases since ORACLE 8.1.7 and NO problem.

I don't know why application vendor suggest don't "online rebuild index". I like listen your experience.

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?