RE: Apps 11.5.8 and 9i

From: April Wells <awells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:44:56 -0800

 =)

Sorry...

MKS makes Windows think it is Unix based. There is a free version ... similar to MKS but another name... that is supposed to be useable, but I have never used it. It lets you use all of the Unix commands, and lets cloning and patching work. Installation also has heartburn if there isn't something somewhere that lets it work unix like in the installation.

C++ (NOT .net last I saw... it has compatiblity issues) for the relinking of the products and libraries. You might not need it for the install (although it gets real bent if it isn't there) but for adrelink, it is a must. BIG hint here... make the directory name as short as possible in the install
(C:\CPP is what ours is). It keeps the path as short as possible, and there
can be no spaces in the path, so don't let anything go into "Program Files"

It is totally way easier if you are on a unix based platform... and the concurrent managers (job scheduling) really don't like being on Windows.

Author: April Wells
  INET: awells_at_csedge.com