RE: COGNOS BI tools against an Oracle DB

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:54:40 -0800

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT run BO on your OLDB! Your BO "universe" or universes will look awful, resulting in awful queries running an awfully long time, if you don't run out of TEMP space because of the FTSing.

Then again, we have no normalization on the tables it's hitting....it's not exactly in the budget to redesign the table layout of a purchased app.

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com