Re: Apps 11.5.8 and 9i

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:49:43 -0800

I'd say you won't get too much performance improvements, because 11i is still optimized and will remain optimized for 8i, even lower in some cases, because it still uses 8.0 client libraries. (thus isn't using 9i construct such merge for example).

You could get some performance improvements because fixed optimizer bugs/issues, automatic PGA workarea sizing policy, that allows you to use memory more efficiently etc.. but I wouldn't expect any dramatic improvement. In fact if you're not ready for some tuning after the (test) upgrade, your performance might even drop.

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee