RE: How to extract data directly from a datafile ?

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:29:40 -0800

Richard:

Not sure whether somebody else also tried this. Sometime back we (yours turley and few others ) tried developing a tool to convert a datafile from one OS format to another OS Format (little endian->big endian or Solaris to NT etc) by reading the datablocks from one format and writing to another format.

The original plan was to have a iDUL kind of tool with a fileconverter to covert oracle datafiles from one OS to another OS. So the user will have a choice to download the data from data files or convert from one os to another OS. Since oracle started addressing this facility/feature in the current (for future?) versions we have dropped that idea as we don't want to compete with Oracle :D

I would be interested in knwoing abt your tool too ..

KG

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,