RE: SQLPLUS with cronjob is giving problem

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:09:43 -0800

 Dear Sami,

As a matter of fact whatever environ. values are set in your .profile are not in operation through a crontab process.

To deal with this issue we do something that I have seen others do as well. We basically create a .profilecron which we call as the first parameter in our scripts that we want to run in the profile. We also ensure that this .profileron will work when we run the scripts interactively. So let's say you have a script runsql.ksh You would put immediately after:

!#/bin/ksh

Please double-check my syntax for running the korn shell. This assumes that you do. In fact, if you do and do not set that in your scripts you will have problems with some commands not running correctly.

Good luck.
Paula