Checking for code using hints(from database)

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:59:24 -0800

Env OPEN VMS ALPHA 7.3
Database 8.1.7.4 Optimizer = Choose
Application written for Rule but use of lot of Hints in code. Reason of using cost based optimizer to create/use function based indexes. Selected tables are analyzed as all tablles(except sys) resulted in bad performance.

This is the environment of a short time project I am working with. I would like to track all those tables which are being used in application/customized code using HINTS and atleast analyze those tables which are not in their selective analyze list which is also not being analyzed regularly.

What is the best place to check such codes v$sqlarea/V$sql/V$sqltext or any other place in database.
I will appreciate a sql code to fetch all such codes from database.

If I am thinking in wrong direction, I shall appreciate your assistance.Right now I don't have option to check application codes from system.

Regards
Rafiq

Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Author: M Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Sep 13 2003 - 22:59:24 CDT