Re: Checking for code using hints(from database)

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:39:41 -0800

Tanel,

Thanks. I did check it from v$sql and provided the list to client. As it is a proprietry application hence code tuning by client is not an option.

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:49:24 -0800

(reposting)

Hi!

I think you should focus on why you do have bad performance/CBO decisions when all tables have been analyzed. Finding most expensive operations (v$sql, 10046 trace, tkprof) -> comparing their execution plans with different statistics (tkprof, explain plan, v$sql_plan in 9i) -> finding the reasons behing bad CBO decisions (10053 trace).

But if you really want to search for hints, then you should search for '%/*+%' in v$sql during normal database usage time (not v$sqlarea, because it's access is more CPU resource hungry). DBA_SOURCE provides you information about stored pl/sql only and you can't search wrapped code.

Tanel.

> I think you need to scan user_source;
> select distinct name from user_source where type in ('FUNCTION' ,
'PROCEDURE' , 'PACKAGE BODY') and text like '%/*+%';

Author: Tanel Poder
   INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Author: M Rafiq