Problem with tnsnames on multiple version box

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:43:36 -0500

I have three versions of software on each of several boxes. I have three separate tnsnames and listener files
(one for each version). All of the databases for each level use the same port. So databases use port 1521, 1523,
or 1525 depending on what software level they're at.

I've got a database on a box where I can log into it with the SYS password directly on the box, I can log onto it
using the SYS password over SQLNET using the sqlplus command sqlplus sys_at_DWTST01 directly on the
box. So far so good.

Then I went over to one of the other boxes and put the correct entry in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files
and then try to connect via SQLNET using the same sqlplus command sys_at_DWTST01. I get an ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error. What's the deal with this. I'm used to tns errors and SID not resolved errors but I don't know how to fix this.

I've already verified the syntax in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files, the host name, the port number.

Any ideas? Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 07:43:36 CDT