Re: Problem with tnsnames on multiple version box

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:08:35 -0500

Lyall,

Thank you. Yes, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I did do the updates in the manner that
you specified. I found the problem. If was in the format of the SID_LIST in the listener.ora
file. Someone added a new SID to the top of the list yesterday and didn't put in an extra
SID_DESC clause in between the SIDs. The listener was only recognizing the top SID in
the list. My SID got knocked out of commission.

It looked o.k. but with trial and error, I finally figured out that we needed the SID_DESC clause.

I hate it when it takes so long to fix a relatively minor problem like that. Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 13:08:35 CDT