Re: AUDITing

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_uswest.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:45:30 -0600

I also have difficulty remembering the details of auditing.. here are some notes to myself, maybe this will help.

LISTING ACTIVE AUDIT OPTION LEVELS

Three audit option levels, can be set BY ACCESS or BY SESSION

statement - SQL statements
  SELECT * FROM sys.dba_stmt_audit_opts;

privilege - system privilege (eg, create table)   SELECT * FROM sys.dba_priv_audit_opts;

object - statements on objects (alter, delete, execute, insert, select, update)
  SELECT * FROM sys.dba_obj_audit_opts WHERE owner = 'VGN' ;   SELECT * FROM all_def_audit_opts;

To list AUDIT SESSION information:
  SELECT username, logoff_time, logoff_lread, logoff_pread, logoff_lwrite,
  logoff_dlock FROM sys.dba_audit_session;

  SELECT username, to_char(timestamp,'MM-DD-RRRR HH24:MI:SS'), action_name,
  to_char(logoff_time,'MM-DD-RRRR HH:MI:SS')   from sys.dba_audit_session where username = 'VGN'   order by 4 ;

The character "-" indicates that the audit option is not set.
The character "S" indicates that the audit option is set, BY SESSION.
The character "A" indicates that the audit option is set, BY ACCESS.