Re: Oracle Programs like SQL*Plus not accessible under Win Xp Prof.

From: Herod <herodt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2006 06:36:27 -0800

We have had similiar problems on Windows.

We gave up trying to figure out why, it would happen, we would wipe the machine, it would happen again.

We would wipe the machine, it wouldn't happen again.

We simply run

cacls c:\oracle /t /e /g Everyone:F

Now - assuming the install folder is c:\oracle otherwise fill in wherever it is.

We are moving towards only using the 10g instant client on a mapped drive. Received on Tue Mar 07 2006 - 08:36:27 CST