Re: Allocating Extents

From: Jared Still <jared_at_VALLEYNET.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:18:32 -0800

> I'd like to be more proactive about space allocation, and have
> had a series of 'failed to allocate extent of size...' messages.
> Does anyone have a nifty little script/sql they'd like to share
> that we could run periodically to predict where there won't be room
> to allocate the next extent so that I can head it off?
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated...
> Tom

I have a number of scripts that you may find useful. They would require a little tweaking since I have several of them setup to work silently from cron, but it should be minor stuff. I wrote most of them. If they are someone else's work, I have left their name in.

If interested, send requests via email, not to the list! ( Too much to post here, anyway )

An excellent source of scripts and white papers is http://www.tusc.com.

jared_at_valleynet.com Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 17:27:18 CST