Re: IOUW 1996

From: Mark Saltzman <saltzman_at_ADMIN.UWEX.EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 16:59:08 CDT

Could you please give us some info as to Oracle's planned participation in this conferences?

I have found the last three conferences to be of great benefit because of BOTH the user-group AND the Oracle portions. I hope that both portions will continue to be available.

> Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1996 17:25:14 EST
> From: Michael Abbey <76711.1015_at_COMPUSERVE.COM>
> Subject: IOUW 1996
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_ccvm.sunysb.edu>

> Dallas to host International Oracle User
> Week (IOUW) '96
>
> Chicago -- The International Oracle Users
> Group - Americas (IOUG-A) today
> announced that IOUW '96--the second IOUW to
> be developed exclusively for and entirely
> managed by the Oracle user community--will
> be held at the Dallas Convention Center in
> Dallas, Texas, September 15-20, 1996.
>
> Presented annually, IOUW has evolved to
> become the most comprehensive
> educational and networking event for users
> of Oracle and Oracle-related
> technology. The five-day conference brings
> together database administrators,
> developers, designers, third-party suppliers
> and others focused on
> professional development in the relational
> database management systems arena.
> Conference highlights include technical
> education seminars, product exhibits and
> demonstrations, new technology presentations
> and special interest group meetings. "We
> intend to make IOUW '96 the most productive
> week of the year for the Oracle user
> community," said Michael Corey, IOUG-A
> Director of Conferences and Events. "What we
> offer is 'total immersion' from a user
> perspective. Attendees can learn and grow
> during educational sessions and from peer-
> to-peer networking. For Oracle users,
> there's no other event that even comes
> close to matching the magnitude and meaning
> of IOUW."
>
> PAST IOUW SUCCESSES
>
> In September 1995, more than 10,000 members
> of the Oracle user community from coast-to-
> coast and around the globe filled the
> Pennsylvania Convention Center in
> Philadelphia for IOUW '95. Conference
> highlights included record-breaking
> attendance, more than 230 technical
> sessions and the debut of a new
> computer-administered certification test
> leading to the title Certified Oracle
> Database Administrator. Other significant
> components included:
> Technical Sessions These sessions--prepared
> and presented by people who are
> hands-on Oracle users themselves--offered a
> practical, problem-solving focus
> on situations users encounter every day.
> Subject tracks included DBA Topics,
> Distributed Computing, Oracle Applications,
> Oracle Forms, Methodology/CASE, Tips &
> Techniques, Management, Tools and Oracle
> Perspectives. IOUG-A Educational Seminar
> Series Conducted by leading experts in the
> Oracle user community, these four-hour
> classes provided an opportunity for
> advanced, in-depth training. Exhibitor
> Forums Making their debut at IOUW '95, these
> sessions gave attendees the chance to be
> educated by exhibitors on their particular
> areas of expertise.
>
> The IOUG-A is a continental user group
> comprised of more than 4,500 members in
> North, Central and South America and
> [...]

Mark Saltzman, Assistant Director
Information Systems, University of Wisconsin-Extension 432 North Lake Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706-1498 TEL: 608.263.3084 / FAX: 608.262.2343 Received on Sun Jan 21 1996 - 18:19:34 CST