Re: Relation Schemata vs. Relation Variables

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2006 22:00:57 -0700

Brian Selzer wrote:
> "Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Is the cross product of a set of attributes any less superginormous? Yet,
> that is how relations are defined. How about the set of consistent database
> states? I find this argument less then compelling.

Argument?! I was agreeing with you. You said "more than one" and I pointed out that the number was actually always very large. The two positions are consistent. What were you imagining this was an argument of? Never mind; I don't actually want to know.

It is pretty clear to me that you fundamentally misunderstand some of the basics of the RM. It is also pretty clear that you are convinced that you do understand them. Have you noticed yet that *no one* buys your argument about people changing their names? Nobody. You bring us the same example again and again, you defend it with detailed explanations and what you probably think of as well-reasoned logic, and yet we're all unmoved. So which is more likely: you understand and everyone else everywhere gets it wrong, or that you have a basic misunderstanding?

Marshall Received on Mon Aug 21 2006 - 07:00:57 CEST

Original text of this message