Re: Resiliency To New Data Requirements

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 16 Aug 2006 14:06:15 -0700

dawn wrote:
> Perhaps there is a theory definition of the word structure that you are
> using to draw the conclusion that the web does not have structured
> data. My take is that a single page can be a node/attribute with a
> value that is the html, for example, with directional paths to other
> nodes for which there are links in the page. Structure, no?

No, Marshall is correct. Information such as that on the web is known in the scientific literature as Unstructured data. That which comes between that and relationally represented data is known as Semi-structured data. Definitions are woefully slapdash, but Google scholar will supply a whole host of papers on the subject. Received on Wed Aug 16 2006 - 23:06:15 CEST

Original text of this message