Re: Why bother with Logical data model?

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2006 12:59:38 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:

> Okay, nix the conceptysical. How about a 'New Age' database theory book?
> Three levels of discourse: the inconceivable, the illogical and the
> imaginary?

Ha! That reminds me of a proposed four-valued logic a friend told me about years ago. Under this system, every statement can be definitively categorized and being one of "true", "false", "huh?" or "bullshit."

> Instead of analysis and design, we could have truth stretching to
> achieve the inconceivable and transcendental meditation to find the third i.
>
> But would it sell outside of Washington, Oregon and California? Then
> again, does the database field even matter outside of those three states?

Absolutely not.

Actually, the inclusion of Washington on the list at all is something of a historical accident. If Bill Gates hadn't moved Microsoft from its original location, the three relevant states would be Oregon, California, and Arizona.

Marshall Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 21:59:38 CEST

Original text of this message