Re: New in database concepts

From: Todd Gillespie <toddg_at_linux128.ma.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

Andrea Ing. <andreaingegneri_at_supereva.it> wrote:
: Thanks for your answer. There is not, fortunately, a problem of losses since
: actually i'm programming just for fun.

Oh, well, in that case you want to read Gray's "Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques" to learn DB internal designs.

: I'd like to understand what there is at the base of a database system to
: understand if it possible and how create a simple one in os-indipendent
: standard c++. The main problem is that c++ file streams are the best choice
: to store simple sequences of linear data, but if i need to work at "lower"
: level it becomes more difficult and problematic.
: It's not impossible but there are (for what i know) file manipulation
: pitfalls.

This just sounds fairly confused. I think you will find you are holding the wrong mental toolset. Good luck. Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 17:21:42 CEST

Original text of this message