Questionnaire Database Design

From: Bob Weeks <bobweeks_at_kscable.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2001 10:32:37 -0700

I know this has probably been discussed before, but I can't seem to find a thread of good discussion.

I have a health history questionnaire to implement as a database.

Some questions have a Yes/No response. If the answer to a question is an indicated value, a textual explanation is requested.

Some questions have a numeric response, such as the height or weight of a child.

Some questions have a date response.

Some questions have a text response from an undefined domain, such as the name of the doctor last seen.

Some questions have a response from a defined domain, such as a list of immunizations.

The questionairre is administered multiple times for each child.

If it matters, I will implement this database in Microsoft SQL Server 2000. I'm not sure of what I will use as a client.

I welcome suggestions as to how to design this database.

Thaning you in advance,

Bob Weeks Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 19:32:37 CEST

Original text of this message